I'm a city girl, well, I was a city girl, and escaping the busy streets of London's East End to the peace and tranquillity of the French countryside has been a journey of discovery. Chateau de la Motte Husson hosts an incredible variety of wildlife right on its doorstep. It's my husband Dick Strawbridge who gives the children, and I, a master-class every day on what we see out the windows. We are very lucky to be surrounded by a moat, not only is it peaceful and full of fish, but every morning a Heron perches on a rock and eats our fish. Dorothy has taken a real liking to our adopted Heron, often shouting at the top of her voice 'The Heron...The Heron!' It often flies off at this point, but we all run to the window to see it in flight! In Japanese culture, the bird represents a noble and graceful appearance and a sign of purity, I suppose that must be why I'm drawn to it!
- Cover Construction: 98% Polyester/2% Metallic Blend
- Care Instructions: Dry Clean Only
- 18" x 18" (45cm x 45cm) Approximately
- Choose Either Hollowfibre Inner or Duck Feather Inner Pad
- Unique design inspired by Angel Strawbridge and her TV hit 'Escape To The Chateau'