Save on Ennis Cashmere Dim Out Made to Measure Roller Blind
Introduce rustic opulence to your windows with our made to measure Ennis Roller Blind. This exquisite blind radiates warmth and texture, achieved through its soft yarns that exude luxury. Designed for optimal light control, the user-friendly roller system makes it an ideal choice for those seeking both aesthetics and functionality. The Ennis Roller Blind, adds a touch of sophistication to modern and traditional settings alike. Experience style and functionality in harmony with this blinds' exceptional light control and privacy features.
- Colour: Beige
Ennis Cashmere Dim Out Made to Measure Roller Blind
- Sizes Available: Made to Measure
- Brand: Decora
- Colour: Beige
- Material: Polyester
- Style: Textured
- Product Benefits: Dim Out
Dispatched in 10 - 15 Working Days
United Kingdom Made to Measure Delivery Charges
Orders up to £74.99 - £3.95 Delivery
Orders £75.00 and Over - Free
Channel Islands & Isle of Man
Orders up to £29.99 - £6.95 Delivery
Orders £30.00 to £49.99 - £8.95 Delivery
Orders £50.00 and Over - £10.95 Delivery
Orders up to £29.99 - £4.95 Delivery
Orders £30.00 to £49.99 - £6.95 Delivery
Orders £50.00 and Over - £8.95 Delivery
Roller Blind Measuring Guide
Roller blinds are a versatile and stylish addition to any room. To ensure a perfect fit, follow our simple step-by-step guide to measuring your windows.
1. Tools You'll Need
- Metal tape measure (for accuracy)
- Pen and paper (for noting down measurements)
Pro Tip: Use the Right Tools: Always use a metal tape measure for accuracy. Fabric or plastic tape measures can stretch over time, leading to inaccurate measurements.
2. Decide Your Blind's Position
Before you start measuring, decide if you want your blinds:
- Inside the window recess (Recess Fitting): The blind fits within the window opening.
- Outside the window recess (Exact Fitting): The blind covers the window and overlaps onto the wall.
3. Measuring for Inside Recess Blinds (Recess Fit)
- Width: Measure the width of the window recess in three places (top, middle, and bottom). Use the smallest measurement.
- Drop: Measure the drop of the window recess in three places (left, middle, and right). Use the smallest measurement.
Pro Tip: Check for Obstructions: Ensure there are no obstructions like window handles, tiles, or decorative mouldings that might interfere with the operation of the blind.
Pro Tip: Consider the Depth: If your window recess is shallow (less than 60mm), you might want to consider fitting the blind outside the recess to avoid any obstructions.
Note on Fabric Size for Recess Blinds: When you order a recess blind, the fabric width will be approximately 30mm to 35mm narrower than the width you provide. This reduction accounts for the mechanisms, brackets, and ensures the blind operates smoothly within the window recess. Always keep this in mind when visualizing how the blind will look once installed.
4. Measuring for Outside Recess Blinds (Exact Fit)
- Width: Decide on the overlap for the blind on each side of the window recess (a minimum of 7.5cm overlap on each side is recommended). Measure the overall width, including the overlap.
- Drop: Decide on the overlap for the blind at the top and bottom (a minimum of 7.5cm overlap at the top is recommended). Measure the overall drop, including the overlap.
Pro Tip: Consider obstructions like radiators or window sills when deciding on the drop.
Pro Tip: Account for Overlaps: If fitting outside the recess, allow for an overlap on all sides to ensure maximum light blockage and privacy.
5. Double-Check Your Measurements
Always measure twice to ensure accuracy. Remember, it's better to spend a little extra time measuring than to order the wrong size!
Pro Tip: Double Check: Always double check your measurements before ordering. It's better to spend a few extra minutes verifying than to end up with a blind that doesn't fit.
6. Note Down Your Measurements
Write down your measurements clearly and keep them handy. When ordering, specify whether your measurements are for inside or outside recess.
Pro Tip: Document Everything: Write down each measurement as you go, labelling them clearly. This will help avoid confusion when ordering.
7. Ordering Your Blinds
Ordering your bespoke roller blinds is a breeze with these simple steps:
- Fill in Your Sizes: Input the exact dimensions ensuring you double check for accuracy.
- Select Your Fitting Type: Choose how you'd like your blinds to be fitted. Recess or exact.
- Decide on Chain Control Location: Pick which side you prefer your chain controls to be.
- Select Your Chain Type: From metal to plastic, choose a chain that matches your style.
Pro Tip: Always ensure you select the right unit of measurement, either cm or inches. Remember, cm is set as the default and is our most popular choice. Make your selection carefully to ensure a perfect fit!
Measuring for roller blinds is straightforward with the right guidance. Follow our steps, and you'll have perfectly fitting blinds in no time!
Child Safety and Window Blinds
At Ideal, the safety of your children is our utmost priority. We understand the enthusiasm with which children explore their environment, which is why we’ve dedicated ourselves to providing window blinds that are in line with the latest safety standards. This page will guide you through everything you need to know about our commitment to child safety and how you can ensure your blinds are safely installed.
Legislation & Compliance
- Safety First: All our blinds are designed and manufactured with child safety at the forefront. Each product undergoes thorough scrutiny to ensure it complies with the British safety standard EN13120.
- Safety Devices: In accordance with UK law, our safety devices have undergone rigorous testing and are fully compliant. Blinds are either safe by design with no hanging cords or come equipped with necessary safety devices.
- Always Compliant: Any blinds manufactured and sold post-February 2014 meet specific child safety requirements as per BS EN 13120.
Child Safety Features
Safety Made Simple:
- Cordless Designs: Some blinds are designed without cords or chains, inherently making them child safe.
Child-safety Devices: For blinds with cords or chains, we provide child-safety devices to keep controls organised and inaccessible to children. This includes:
- Breakaway tassels and consolidators that detach under strain but are simple to reconnect.
- Cleats and hooks for cord controls to ensure they remain out of reach. For example, wood, fauxwood, free-hanging pleated, and Venetian blinds come with a cleat, while roller and Roman blinds include a safety hook.
Installation & Fitting:
- It's mandatory to install the provided safety device in accordance with European regulations.
- Fitting your safety device is simple; refer to the enclosed fitting instructions for guidance.
Child Safety Tips
Ensure that your blinds not only look great but are also safe:
- Positioning Furniture: Beds, cots, or any climbable furniture should never be placed near windows. This minimises the risk of children reaching any cords.
- Handling Cords: Avoid tying cord controls together. Consolidators or breakaway devices should not be taped or glued to prevent them from separating.
Making Existing Blinds Safe: It’s easy to retrofit safety measures:
- Chain-operated blinds require a safety hook for controls.
- Cord-operated blinds need a cleat positioned 1.5 metres above the floor.
"Make It Safe" Campaign
The British Blind and Shutter Association (BBSA) launched the "Make it Safe" campaign to raise awareness about window blind safety. We fully support this initiative and echo its commitment to promoting safe environments for children.
Remember, child safety is a shared responsibility. While we pledge to provide products that prioritise safety, it's crucial that they are installed correctly and other safety precautions are observed in your home.
Thank you for trusting Ideal. For any further information or queries, please feel free to reach out to us.
Seal of Trust
We stand by our products. Our faith in the exceptional quality of our blinds allows us to offer you a comprehensive 5-year extended warranty, completely free of charge. This goes beyond the standard 1-year manufacturer's warranty, ensuring you have four additional years of parts coverage.
|Warranty Aspect||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Components (like or similar)||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️||✔️|
|Labour, Collection & Delivery||✔️||✘||✘||✘||✘|
Things to Note
We believe in keeping things clear and transparent. Here are some simple conditions and exceptions to our guarantee:
- Accidents or unintended mishaps
- Product alterations
- Exposure to harsh elements
- Improper use
- Not adhering to guidelines on measuring, installation, cleaning, or maintenance
- Installation in a non-residential setting
- General wear and tear over time
- Faux Wood Blinds: Warping when exposed to temperatures above 55 degrees Celsius.
- Wooden Products: Changes such as warping caused by high humidity or extreme heat, and natural differences in colour, grain, and texture.
- Fabrics and Dyes: Expected fading over time.
This warranty is the only one we provide, replacing all other possible warranties or guarantees. Ideal won't be held responsible for any indirect damages or losses. However, this warranty won't affect your statutory consumer rights. We trust you'll find our guarantee straightforward and easy to understand. If you encounter any issues with our products, please reach out to our Customer Service team. We're here to help!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.